We are now offering telehealth therapy sessions to existing and new clients who reside in New York State. Due to the recent developments, insurance companies are now covering Teletherapy and video psychotherapy.
If you are experiencing distress, please reach out to see how we may be helpful to you. Call 516-221-9494.
If you are in crisis and require immediate help, a free mental health hotline for New Yorkers has been created. This hotline will offer free emotional support on a one time consultation basis. The phone number to call is 844-863-9314.
The greatest sin may be the unlived life.
Often what is at the heart of not living the life one wants is fear, anxiety, and / or a sense of inadequacy. What emotional, real, or imagined obstacles are you allowing to stand in the way of living the life you really want?
Asking More Questions
Is your life as filling, expansive, and three-dimensional as you would like it to be? Or does your life feel unfulfilling, small, and two-dimensional?
Some people have no sense of whether their life is how they want it to be, while others are keenly aware that it is not, yet do nothing to change it.
This latter group tends to feel a great deal of discontent and / or unhappiness. This does not mean that ignorance is bliss; with the former group, it just means that they are plodding along and perhaps don’t know that it is possible to have more.
Steps To A Live Life
- One of the first steps to determining whether you are living the life you desire is to examine it.
- Tune in to what you are doing and not doing, what you are feeling and not feeling.
- Are you longing for something different or more? What is it that you may be missing or need to feel joy?
- Identify the obstacles that are preventing you from having what you want. For example, if you are feeling lonely, are you too afraid or anxious to change this?
- Are you not feeling good enough about yourself to put yourself out there? During therapy sessions some of my clients have said things like, “I don’t feel like I have anything to bring to the table, so I don’t want to reach out to others and get rejected.”
- Another common one can be careers. Are you in the job that you love? Are you fulfilled by it? If not, what stands in the way of chasing it? Often people enter therapy because they are not living the life they truly desire, and reach out for help to shift this pattern.
Kathleen Dwyer-Blair, LCSW, BCD, Director.
My wish for you is you live the life that you desire, with all the color, depth, and breadth that you deserve.