If You're Like Many Trauma Sufferers, You May Believe That You've Effectively Managed Through Your Traumatic Experience.
Still, You May Be Concerned That You Often Feel...
- Depressed or hopeless.
- Angry and / or detached from loved ones.
- Very anxious and scared, even in safe environments or situations.
- Helpless or “exposed”.
- Concerned that you’ll become over-stimulated or panicked in public.
You may also wonder why you experience...
- Panic attacks.
- Disturbing flashbacks about the traumatic event(s).
- Sleepwalking and / or nightmares.
- Sexual dysfunction, which has occurred after the traumatic event(s).
If you have three or more of the symptoms described above, you may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a condition that sometimes occurs in response to shocking and / or disquieting experiences, such as sexual, emotional, and / or physical abuse; automobile accidents; natural disasters; death of loved ones; witnessing or being victimized by crimes; military combat; neglect or abandonment; and more.
Yet, perhaps you're doing your best to cope with the after-effects of trauma on your own. However, if you're like many trauma victims, you're finding it very difficult to shake your intense feelings of sadness, confusion, and depression and you may even have acted out your frustration in unhealthy ways.
Even worse, if left untreated, the tremendous strain will take its toll and make you far more susceptible to additional physical or emotional ailments and substantially increase your odds for separation and divorce.
If This Sounds Like You, You’re Not Alone And We'd Like To Help.
When Experience Counts: We know this because over the last five decades, our Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Clinical Social Workers, and Mental Health Counselors - most of whom have more than 10 years of post-license experience - have provided thousands of people with the help they need to work through PTSD.
Using the best of traditional psychotherapy, as well as new and emerging techniques, our experienced licensed therapists provide grieving individuals and families with the knowledge, insights, and tools they need to resume their lives.
We’ve Personally Witnessed The Tremendous And Sustainable Gains Our Clients Have Achieved
- Profoundly altered clarity - one that allows them to see new possibilities and permits them to gradually resume their productive and peaceful lives.
- The ability to draw upon their strengths and use positive coping strategies.
- An increased comfort level in openly expressing their feelings and dealing more effectively with the wide range of emotions and reactions they’re experiencing.
Yet, even though we’ve personally witnessed the tremendous and sustainable gains our clients have achieved over the years, we understand that it’s often hard to arrive at a decision to seek trauma counseling, for many reasons.
However, we also recognize that most people find it easier to make difficult decisions like this one when they’re armed with accurate information from a trusted source like Nassau Guidance & Counseling.
Since 1960, Long Islanders have relied on our experts to help them reach their highest potential: emotionally, mentally, interpersonally, occupationally, spiritually, and socially – especially through life’s most trying times. We hope you will give us the opportunity to do the same for you.
And you’ll never have to worry unnecessarily over stressful administrative details, because we’ll guide you through the entire process, we accept most major credit cards, and we'll even make sure that you receive the maximum benefits allowed by your insurance carrier.
So please take the first step towards a brighter tomorrow and call us today at: 516-221-9494, so you can experience the tremendous value in talking through your problems, feelings, issues and desires with one of our compassionate, unbiased and objective licensed therapists - who will become one of your most ardent supporters.
"I feel like I am now finally living my life in the present ..."
Nassau Guidance & Counseling and my therapist have enabled me to grow in so many ways. I feel like I am now finally living my life in the present and not so much in the past. Being in therapy has enabled me to feel like a weight has been lifted and that I can live a life free of excess baggage and issues.
It has helped me to become a better social worker, woman, wife, mother, and family member. I believe this has occurred not only because I was ready but because my therapist provides me with a safe, loving, and realistic environment in which I can work out many of life's difficulties, including my own childhood traumas and the death of my first child at birth. I don't know where I would be without Nassau Guidance & Counseling today.
L.A., Social Worker, Baldwin, NY.
Here’s What You Can Expect When You Call:
- A client care consultant will conduct an inquiry regarding your therapeutic needs, location, and availability. He or she will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
- Based on your answers during this call, a psychotherapist, who will be a good match for your needs, will be assigned to treat you. Soon after, you’ll talk directly with your therapist who will schedule your first appointment – usually in less than a week - and answer any lingering questions you may have.
- You’ll also enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that our staff of professionals are not only world-class psychotherapists, but men and women who are committed to their own personal growth and happiness, as well as their clients.
Please don’t wait any longer. Call us at 516-221-9494, so we can answer your questions confidentially, address your concerns, or schedule a safe and confidential session at one of our locations near your home or work.
It will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. You have our promise.
Let's talk. Contact us now by phone or email below.