We are now offering telehealth therapy sessions to existing and new clients who reside in New York State. Due to the recent developments, insurance companies are now covering Teletherapy and video psychotherapy.
If you are experiencing distress, please reach out to see how we may be helpful to you.
Deductibles and Copayments have been waived which means no out of pocket expenses to you.
Call (516) 221-9494
If you are in crisis and require immediate help, a free mental health hotline for New Yorkers has been created. This hotline will offer free emotional support on a one time consultation basis. The phone number to call is 844-863-9314.
Are you or is someone you love one of the millions of Americans who suffer from compulsive hoarding, a serious and often debilitating condition?
- Assign a great deal of meaning, importance, and attachment to your possessions – and have trouble differentiating which ones are truly meaningful and which ones you can let go?
- Feel overly anxious about letting go of objects that remind you of happy memories?
- Live in massive amounts of clutter?
- Feel increasingly isolated from friends and family members?
- Find that your are reluctant to establish new relationships?
- Describe yourself as a "pack rat" or "collector"?
- Keep or acquire things because you believe you'll need them or they'll have value in the future?
- Feel guilty, embarrassed, or ashamed about your living conditions?
- Move items in your home from one pile to another?
- Have friends, neighbors, and / or family members who believe your home is a health and / or safety risk (or even threatened to contact local authorities, such as police, fire, public health, or animal welfare agencies)?
- Excessively rescue animals such as dogs, cats, and birds?
Do you also believe that your hoarding compulsions are roadblocks to a healthier and happier life, but also convinced that you will never experience these benefits?
If so, it may be time for a change. And we'd like to help
A Remarkable 50+Year Track Record ...
You see, for the last five decades, our Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Clinical Social Workers, and Mental Health Counselors - most of whom have at least 10 years of post-license experience - have provided thousands of individuals suffering from hoarding disorders - ones with challenges, roadblocks, and frustrations similar to your own - with the help they need to achieve real and sustainable improvements.
Because the truth is that hoarding compulsions do not fix themselves
And when the condition goes untreated, symptoms continue and often worsen, which can lead to additional issues, such as depression, stress, anxiety, and addictions. Over time the stress takes its toll on careers and relationships with spouses, family members, and friends.
That's why it's imperative that men and women who are experiencing these symptoms seek counseling.
Tackling hoarding, compulsive hoarding and hoarding disorders. Why Choose Nassau Guidance & Counseling?
Using the best of traditional psychotherapy, as well as new and emerging techniques, our experienced and highly skilled therapists help people identify the root causes for their hoarding behaviors, and furnish them with the knowledge, insights, and tools they need to successfully manage through their issues today and avoid future problems.
We've personally witnessed the tremendous and sustainable gains our clients with hoarding disorders have achieved. For example:
(1) Profoundly altered clarity ...
... that allows them to see new possibilities by helping them transform their thought processes so they can make healthy choices about their objects without fear.
(2) The end of debilitating behaviors that plague them, as well as their friends and family members
Many of our clients tell us that in addition to the benefits they've personally derived from therapy, they also receive tremendous pleasure knowing that others feel more comfortable in their homes.
(3) An increased comfort level ...
... in knowing which objects are important and which are not, and an enhanced ability to get rid of things.
(4) Freedom from the guilt and shame experienced prior to treatment
During therapy, our well trained, empathetic, and non-judgmental Long Island therapists encourage their clients with hoarding disorders to express themselves openly and shed needless and unproductive self-reproach.
Yet, even though we've personally witnessed the tremendous and sustainable gains our clients have achieved over the years, we also understand that it’s often hard for people to arrive at a decision to seek counseling, for many reasons
- We also recognize that most individuals find it easier to make difficult decisions like this when they're armed with accurate information from a trusted source, like Nassau Guidance & Counseling.
- Since 1960, Long Island residents have relied on our experts to help them reach their highest potential: emotionally, mentally, interpersonally, occupationally, spiritually, and socially. We hope you will as well.
So please take the first step towards a healthier and happier future and call us today at: 516-221-9494.
Here’s what you can expect when you call:
- A client care consultant will conduct an inquiry regarding your therapeutic needs, location, and availability. He or she will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
- Based on your answers during this call, a psychotherapist - who will be a good match for your needs - will be assigned to treat you. Soon after, you'll talk directly with your therapist who will schedule your first appointment - usually in less than a week - and answer any lingering questions you may have.
- You'll also enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that our staffs of professionals are not only world-class psychotherapists, but men and women who are committed to their own personal growth and happiness, as well as their clients.
So, please give us a call today at 516-221-9494. It will be one of the best decisions you'll ever make. You have our promise.
Let's talk. Contact us now by phone or email below.