Imagine how much happier your relationship or marriage would be today if a highly skilled, objective, and compassionate therapist had Counseled you a year ago ...
It may be time for a change.
You've read self-help books. You've consulted family members and friends. You've taken advice from TV's relationship gurus. You've talked, argued, and cried. You've kept quiet and waited for things to get better. But nothing has worked. You're stuck. So, sometimes you just feel like giving up. If so, you're not alone.
We know this because over the last five decades, our seasoned psychotherapists, marriage and family therapists and clinical psychologists (most of whom has more than 10 years of post-license experience) have provided thousands of couples – ones with challenges, roadblocks, and frustrations similar to your own - with the help they need to achieve real and sustainable improvements in their relationships, including emotional and physical intimacies, and connectedness.
In spite of the best intentions, unhappy marriages don’t fix themselves ...
And when they continue, things get worse. If unaddressed, they often lead to additional issues, such as depression, stress, anxiety and addictions. And if ignored for prolonged periods of time, the stress eventually takes its toll on careers, children, family, and friends.
That’s why it’s imperative that "stuck" partners – married or not – seek counseling when they're at an impasse or are experiencing undue stress in their relationships. It’s simply the best method for learning how to manage through relationship issues - no matter how large or small.
Using the best of traditional psychotherapy, as well as new and emerging techniques, our experienced marriage and family counselors provide couples with the knowledge, insights, and tools they need to successfully negotiate their differences, find effective solutions for their problems, resolve lingering issues, improve their communication skills, and remember why they got married in the first place.
- We've helped partners listen better and be heard more often; end reactive, unproductive, and cyclical patterns of behaviors; and manage better through troubled times.
- Our licensed Long Island psychologists have also successfully counseled couples struggling to cope with added stress from unexpected crises, such as infidelity, illness, infertility, unemployment, or loss of a child.
- We've even shown partners how to rebuild once-healthy relationships after enduring years of trauma associated with issues like substance abuse, sexual incompatibility, disagreements over child rearing, and prolonged financial difficulties.
- We have saved thousands of our clients from the pain of separation, and even provided divorcing couples with road maps designed to guide them through their transitions in healthy, collaborative, and dignified manners.
Additionally, our counselors have furnished many couples with the tools they needed to avoid future problems by helping them become skilled at working through differences in areas like culture, religion, work ethic, parenting styles, and family values.
Even though we’ve personally witnessed the tremendous and sustainable gains our couples have achieved over the years, we understand that it’s often hard for them to arrive at a decision to seek marriage counseling, for many reasons.
However, we also recognize that most men and women find it easier to make difficult decisions, like this one, when they’re armed with accurate information from a trusted source, like Nassau Guidance & Counseling. Since 1960, Long Islanders have relied on our experts to help them reach their highest potential: emotionally, mentally, interpersonally, occupationally, spiritually, and socially. We hope you will as well.
And you'll never have to worry unnecessarily over stressful administrative details, because we'll guide you through the entire process, and even make sure that you receive the maximum benefits allowed by your insurance carrier.
So please take the first step towards a better relationship and call us today at: 516-221-9494.
"My therapist truly cares for the well-being of her clients ..."
My therapist is a uniquely gifted counselor, attuned and present for each session; always attentive, providing a safe, warm, and nurturing environment. [One of my therapist's gifts] is the ability to allow a person to be heard, while providing gentle and illuminating guidance.M.R., Customer Service Manager, Bellmore, NY.
My therapist employs a vast knowledge of many different techniques, and blends them beautifully to assist a client to learn, embrace, and grow in the moment. It has been over 18 months since I have seen my therapist on a regular basis, and the many insights shared during our work together are still so clear to me.
I often reflect on how I respond to many of life’s challenges today versus how I would have reacted in years past. I hear my therapist's words at crucial times and feel empowered to make the choice that is best for me. Some of the many benefits I have realized as a direct result of my work with a therapist include:
- Having the confidence to express my feelings and needs at the appropriate time, in a calm, loving, and respectful way, rather than suppressing them until an outburst filled with anger and resentment would erupt.
- Understanding when I felt hurt that the current event was [frequently] a “trigger” for some past wounds that were never properly felt and healed. Enjoying healthier, better-grounded relationships with family members and friends.
- Appreciating my feelings for what they are, rather than trying to rationalize and file them away.
- Respecting myself and knowing what behaviors I would accept from others and what behaviors I would not.
- Effectively communicating and setting healthy boundaries.
My therapist truly cares for the well-being of her clients. If you are considering counseling and are serious about changing your life for the better, you owe it to yourself to [contact Nassau Guidance & Counseling.
Here’s What You Can Expect When You Call:
- A client care consultant will conduct an inquiry regarding your therapeutic needs, location, and availability. He or she will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
- Based on your answers during this call, a psychotherapist, who will be a good match for your needs, will be assigned to treat you. Soon after, you’ll talk directly with your therapist who will schedule your first appointment – usually in less than a week - and answer any lingering questions you may have.
- You’ll also enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that our staff of professionals are not only world-class psychotherapists, but men and women who are committed to their own personal growth and happiness, as well as their clients.
Please don’t wait until it’s too late. Call us at 516-221-9494, so we can answer your questions confidentially, address your concerns, or schedule a safe and confidential session at one of our locations near your home or work.
It will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. You have our promise.
Let's talk. Contact us now by phone or email below.