We are now offering telehealth therapy sessions to existing and new clients who reside in New York State. Due to the recent developments, insurance companies are now covering Teletherapy and video psychotherapy.
If you are experiencing anxiety, depression or stress, please reach out to see how we may be helpful to you.
Call (516) 221-9494
If you require immediate help, a free mental health crisis hotline for New Yorkers has been created. This hotline will offer free emotional support on a one time consultation basis. The phone number to call is 844-863-9314.
Imagine how much happier your life would be today if a highly skilled, objective, and compassionate therapist had counseled you a year ago ...
It may be time for a change.
- Perhaps you’re waiting for the day when you can finally begin to enjoy life.
- Or you feel like your life has been hijacked by stress or anxiety.
- You may wonder why doing all you can just isn’t enough.
- Maybe you’re still volunteering your services when you’re already stretched too thin and don’t have the time or energy to give anything.
- Or, you hear the word “Yes” coming out of your mouth, when your brain is shouting “No!”
- You might even be struggling with addictions to food, drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, or spending.
- Perhaps you feel like your children are spiraling out of control and you don’t know how to help them.
- And while you may genuinely believe that people can accomplish anything inlife, you’re convinced that you are the exception to this rule.
Still, if you’re like the thousands of other individuals we’ve helped over the last five decades – ones with challenges like yours - you want to end the behaviors that plague your life, but after one or more unsuccessful attempts, you’ve lost your momentum and feel discouraged.
And you may have considered reaching out to others for answers, but you’re not sure who to trust:
- You understand that opening up to co-workers is risky, and well-meaning friends simply don’t have the expertise or objectivity you need.
- Perhaps you’ve also tried talking with family members and found that they were too emotionally involved, which prevented them from hearing you clearly - or they may even have brought their own agendas to the situation.
- Therefore, in spite of your very best intentions and hard work you didn’t get the help you need and deserve.
As a result, you’ve experienced only a few short-lived symptom-free periods before the same crippling behaviors emerged again, and continued to erode your confidence and self-esteem.
So, Sometimes You Just Want To Give Up, And Give In. If So, You're Not Alone ... And We'd Like To Help
"Both professionals exceeded my expectations ..."
Brian H., Software Developer, Long Beach, NY.
I have had the privilege of working with two different counselors in two different capacities at Nassau Guidance, first with marriagecounseling and then with individual counseling.
Under both circumstances, they took the utmost care in determining which of their qualified members would best match with my needs, bothlogistically and stylistically.
Both professionals that I've had the opportunity to work with have exceeded my expectations and I would recommend them to anyone whohas decided that they want to explore ways in which they can improve their life or their enjoyment of it.
Exploring yourself and your feelings can be a very rewarding andeye-opening experience that I would encourage anyone who wishes to understand themselves better.
It’s time to stop feeling guilty, ashamed, and / or resigned, and get the help you so deserve. Your brighter, more hopeful tomorrow awaits you, and begins with one small step today.
Please call us at 516-221-9494, so you can experience the tremendous value in talking through your ideas, problems, feelings, issues and desires with one of our compassionate, unbiased, and objective licensed therapists – one who will become one of your most ardent supporters.
Your therapist will help you identify any areas of your life that may need adjustment and assist you with developing a plan for improving them.
He or she will also provide you with the tools, structure, and personal support you need and guide you through every step of the process.
Your therapist will also help you identify limiting beliefs and behaviors and help you rediscover and use your strengths, talents and assets, so you can achieve your loftiest dreams.
And while we understand that arriving at a decision to seek therapy is a tough one, we sincerely hope you choose to move forward, because we’ve personally witnessed the tremendous and sustainable gains our clients have achieved, such as the following:
- Profoundly altered clarity - one that allows them to see new possibilities and remember that they can make honest choices without fear.
- The end of debilitating behaviors and patterns perpetuated from one generation to another. Many of our clients tell us that in addition to the benefits they’ve personally derived from therapy, they also receive tremendous pleasure knowing that they’ve ended unhealthy familial behaviors that would have plagued their children and grandchildren.
- An increased comfort level in openly expressing their emotions, even when others are uncomfortable with those feelings.
- Freedom from the unjustified guilt and shame they experienced prior to treatment. During therapy, our well trained, empathetic, and non-judgmental licensed therapists encourage our clients to express themselves openly and shed needless and unproductive self-reproach.
Our therapists have also furnished many people with ...
... the tools they needed to avoid future problems by helping them deal with a host of issues in healthier ways.
Additionally, we’ve helped many of our clients become skilled at working through differences in areas like culture, religion, work ethic, parenting styles, and family values.
We also know that it’s easier to make difficult decisions like this when you’re armed with accurate information from a trusted source. Since 1960, Long Islanders have relied on the experts at Nassau Guidance & Counseling to help them reach their highest potential: emotionally, mentally, interpersonally, occupationally, spiritually, and socially. We hope you will as well.
And you’ll never have to worry unnecessarily over stressful administrative details, becausewe’ll guide you through the entire process, we accept most major creditcards, and we'll even make sure that you receive the maximum benefits allowed by your insurance carrier.
So, Please, Take Your First Step Towards A Better Future And Call Us Today At: 516-221-9494
Here’s What You Can Expect When You Call:
- A client care consultant will conduct an inquiry regarding your therapeutic needs, location, and availability. He or she will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
- Based on your answers during this call, a psychotherapist, who will be a good match for your needs, will be assigned to treat you. Soon after, you’ll talk directly with your therapist who will schedule your first appointment – usually in less than a week - and answer any lingering questions you may have.
- You’ll also enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that our staff of professionals are not only world-class psychotherapists, but men and women who are committed to their own personal growth and happiness, as well as their clients.
Nassau Guidance & Counseling's Approach To Therapy
Among other things, the word “therapy ” is a broad term for many psychotherapeutic approaches of all kinds, and is often used interchangeably with words such as, “psychotherapy” or “counseling.” It is important to note that only a licensed professional can provide psychotherapy.
- It involves a therapeutic process – one based on sound scientific theory - that helps people resolve past and present challenges.
- Issues that result in unhealthy behaviors and patterns cannot be changed until the underlying causes are identified and dealt with.
- These issues often stand in the way of individuals’ own health and happiness and keep them from getting what they want in life.
In other words, people experience events that take them out of their “natural” state of being and cause them to act in ways that they otherwise would not. Thus, they’re aware that they’re fighting an internal battle, but seldom have the wherewithal to overcome the conflicts.
What they may not understand is their behaviors usually result from ingrained and out-dated belief systems – ones that have never been updated to reflect who they presently are, or want to be.
Therefore, many discontented men and women naturally seek advice from family members and friends who are not trained to deal with their challenges and may even be contributors to their core issues.
This is especially problematic since over the last several decades the subject of therapy has been a hot topic of conversation in the media and elsewhere, and even the butt of countless jokes in movies, TV shows, newspapers, and magazines.
Thus, many people mistakenly believe that the media accurately portrays psychological therapy as an indulgent, trivial, and sadly, an ineffective process. Unfortunately, this widespread misinformation means that individuals who might be helped do not seek treatment or remain secretive when they do.
Consider This ...
In November 1995 Consumer Reports published an article with their conclusions after conducting an extensive independent survey of psychotherapy clients:
- A startling 90% of the 4,000 respondents reported that they were doing substantially better after treatment.
- What’s more, researchers found that individuals who were treated with therapy alone achieved the same results as those treated with medication and therapy. (You can access a copy of The Effectiveness of Psychotherapy report study, from: here or here).
So, please don't hesitate to call us today at 516-221-9494 so we can answer your questions confidentially, address your concerns, and schedule a safe and confidential session at one of our locations near your home or work. It will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. You have our promise.
Let's talk. Contact us now by phone or email below.