We are now offering telehealth therapy sessions to existing and new clients who reside in New York State. Due to the recent developments, insurance companies are now covering Teletherapy and video psychotherapy.
If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, or stress, please reach out to see how we may be helpful to you.
Call (516) 221-9494
How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it
Do you sometimes feel as if you’ve” had it up to here” with your kids? We all feel that way sometimes. Here are a couple of ideas that might help:
- Take a moment when you come home from work or before picking up your kids.
- Breathe in peace, calm and light, breathe out any negativity or anger or resentment. Stay in this place (preferably in a spot you have designated just for this) until calm.
- Apologize often. No matter the age of your child; even little children will understand your words.
- Tell them what you did and why you are sorry for it. Parents often feel as if to apologize is to admit they were wrong. But it’s okay to be wrong, and it helps kids to know that their parents have feelings, too.
- In time, this will get easier, and you’ll be amazed at how kids respond to this with their own honesty and emotions. Parenting expert Alfie Kohn suggests at least twice a month, but for many of us, it might be every day!
In addition, my article below provide more practical help and ideas on:
My wish for you today is that you get a glimpse of your children as the loveable, amazing, beings that they are
Kathleen Dwyer-Blair, LCSW, BCD, Director.
Get Professional Compassionate Mental Health Help On Long Island, NY
Call us at (516) 221-9494. Or, if you are on a smart phone or computer, you can click or touch the button below:
To send your email now, click or touch the button below:
We look forward to helping you, and will get back to you soon.