Imagine how different your life would be if a highly skilled, objective, and compassionate grief counselor helped you work through your pain ...
It may be time for a change
Grief is a normal reaction to severe loss or trauma of any kind, even though many of us understandably connect the mourning process with people who have experienced the death of a loved one.
In truth, however, feelings of grief, tremendous sorrow, heartache and anguish can be triggered by broad range of traumas – especially in today's complex and troubled times.
In addition to the bereavement pain and mourning associated with a loved one's death, people commonly suffer considerable grief after experiencing other types of losses associated with their jobs, relationships, financial stability, health, family dynamics, safety, and more, and may seek grief counseling as well.
Nassau Guidance & Counseling grief counselors work with individuals who are mourning the death of a friend, child, spouse, partner, co-worker, or parent – a more challenging process due to today’s difficult realities
Consider the following...
- Current state-of-the-art medical technologies enable people to live longer, but costs and legal issues make prolonging – or ending – a loved one's life an even greater hardship.
- Increases in violent deaths and non-traditional familial units have altered the "natural" grieving process and therefore, many survivors feel alone and unable to manage through their pain.
- While schools and other agencies offer grief counseling, they often do so temporarily and for short periods of time. This means that the individuals, children, and families they treat may not be equipped with the skills they need to work through their grief. As a result, they may experience prolonged periods of sadness, anger, frustration, and feelings of hopelessness.
Moreover, parents who have experienced the death of a child remain particularly vulnerable to intense and extended periods of debilitating grief, guilt, and despair. And if untreated, the tremendous strain makes them far more susceptible to additional physical or emotional ailments and substantially increases their odds for separation and divorce.
Additionally, children attempting to cope with the loss of a parent often find it difficult to shake their intense sadness and confusion and may act out their frustration in unhealthy ways.
All of this means that many individuals wind up muddling through their loneliness and misery alone, and never get the help they need or so richly deserve.
So, sometimes they just want to give up, and give in.
If This Sounds Like You, You’re Not Alone
When Experience Counts: We know this because over the last five decades, our Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Clinical Social Workers, and Mental Health Counselors - most of whom have more than 10 years of post-license experience - have provided thousands of people with the help they need to work through the grieving process.
Using the best of traditional psychotherapy, as well as new and emerging techniques, our experienced licensed therapists provide grieving individuals and families with the knowledge, insights, and tools they need to resume their lives.
We’ve Personally Witnessed The Tremendous And Sustainable Gains Our Clients Have Achieved
- An increased comfort level in openly expressing their grief and dealing more effectively with the wide range of emotions and reactions they’re experiencing.
- Freedom from the unjustified guilt and shame associated with their loved one’s death. During grief counseling, our well trained, empathetic, and non-judgmental Long Island counselors encourage our clients to express themselves openly and shed needless – and unproductive - self-reproach.
- The ability to draw upon their strengths and use positive coping strategies.
- Profoundly altered clarity - one that allows them to see new possibilities and permits them to gradually resume their productive and peaceful lives.
Yet, even though we’ve personally witnessed the tremendous and sustainable gains our clients have achieved over the years, we understand that it’s often hard to arrive at a decision to seek grief counseling, for many reasons.
However, we also recognize that most people find it easier to make difficult decisions like this one when they’re armed with accurate information from a trusted source like Nassau Guidance & Counseling.
Since 1960, Long Islanders have relied on our experts to help them reach their highest potential: emotionally, mentally, interpersonally, occupationally, spiritually, and socially – especially through life’s most trying times. We hope you will give us the opportunity to do the same for you.
And you’ll never have to worry unnecessarily over stressful administrative details, because we’ll guide you through the entire process, we accept most major credit cards, and we'll even make sure that you receive the maximum benefits allowed by your insurance carrier.
So please take the first step towards a brighter tomorrow and call us today at: 516-221-9494.
"I feel like I am now finally living my life in the present ..."
Nassau Guidance & Counseling and my therapist have enabled me to grow in so many ways. I feel like I am now finally living my life in the present and not so much in the past. Being in therapy has enabled me to feel like a weight has been lifted and that I can live a life free of excess baggage and issues.L.A., Social Worker, Baldwin, NY.
It has helped me to become a better social worker, woman, wife, mother, and family member. I believe this has occurred not only because I was ready but because my therapist provides me with a safe, loving, and realistic environment in which I can work out many of life's difficulties, including my own childhood traumas and the death of my first child at birth. I don't know where I would be without Nassau Guidance & Counseling today.
Here’s What You Can Expect When You Call:
- A client care consultant will conduct an inquiry regarding your therapeutic needs, location, and availability. He or she will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
- Based on your answers during this call, a psychotherapist, who will be a good match for your needs, will be assigned to treat you. Soon after, you’ll talk directly with your therapist who will schedule your first appointment – usually in less than a week - and answer any lingering questions you may have.
- You’ll also enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that our staff of professionals are not only world-class psychotherapists, but men and women who are committed to their own personal growth and happiness, as well as their clients.
Please don’t wait any longer. Call us at 516-221-9494, so we can answer your questions confidentially, address your concerns, or schedule a safe and confidential session at one of our locations near your home or work.
It will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. You have our promise.
Let's talk. Contact us now by phone or email below.