We are now offering telehealth therapy sessions to existing and new clients who reside in New York State. Due to the recent developments, insurance companies are now covering Teletherapy and video psychotherapy.
If you are experiencing distress, please reach out to see how we may be helpful to you. Call 516-221-9494.
If you are in crisis and require immediate help, a free mental health hotline for New Yorkers has been created. This hotline will offer free emotional support on a one time consultation basis. The phone number to call is 844-863-9314.
Fee-For-Service Openings: Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Psychologists (PhD), Doctor Of Psychology (PsyD), Licensed Marriage And Family Therapists (LMFT), Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC), Licensed Creative Arts Therapist (LCAT), And Licensed Psychoanalyst
Are you one of the many private therapists who want to grow your practice but are tired of dealing with marketing challenges, insurance issues, and administrative problems?
If so, we can help.
Since 1960, Nassau Guidance & Counseling - a private psychotherapy practice that offers individual, couple, and family counseling to children, adolescents and adults - has handled all of the referrals, insurance billing and follow-up, and marketing for many Long Island therapists.
So today, our therapists focus on what really matters: providing psychotherapy for our clients in their own private offices.
And we’d like to do the same for you
Here are some of the unique benefits you’ll receive when you work with Nassau Guidance & Counseling:
We’ll only refer the types of clients that you want to work with… in other words, those who meet your expertise, location, and availability preferences.
You’ll see our clients in the comfort of your own private office space, on days and times of your choosing.
Our extensive professional affiliations, strategic alliances, deep roots in the community and marketing strategies result in many new clients each month.
In addition to assisting you promptly and thoroughly with any administrative issues you may experience, our five-person support team screens our clients before they’re referred to you.
For example, they will:
- Ensure that clients are appropriate for a private practice setting by identifying presenting issues, assessing current functioning, and exploring relevant historical factors.
- Confirm that our clients’ therapy needs and preferences match your expertise, location and availability requirements, which will maximize the connection between you and the client and ultimately allow for the client’s goals to be met.
- Verify clients’ insurance benefits. Our meticulous and structured approach to outstanding claim follow-ups ensures prompt reimbursements to our therapists.
Nassau Guidance & Counseling’s director and owner, Kathleen Dwyer-Blair - who has served in her position for over 30 years – is happy to provide clinical consultations as needed.
Additional professional resources
In situations where legal issues or questions may arise, Nassau Guidance & Counseling will contact our mental health attorney to obtain the answers we need.
Decades of experience
You’ll rest easy knowing that during our 50+ years in practice, we’ve earned and maintained a stellar reputation and you’ll be included in our like-minded network of therapists who demonstrate authentic interest in each other and our clients.
Not only will you be paid some of the highest fees on Long Island, but you’ll also be paid on time. What’s more, our contracts are entirely fair and transparent.
Our simple process:
- People who are dealing with a variety of issues contact our office to schedule therapy sessions.
- After conducting preliminary screenings, we match our clients to therapists who fit their therapeutic needs, location, styles and availability preferences, etc.
- Our therapists see our clients in their own private offices and our administrative team takes care of the rest! Our staff is proud of their commitment to integrity, organization and stellar customer service. In other words, not only is it important to us that we take good care of our clients, it’s just as important that we take good care of you!
- Therapists must have their own private offices located in Nassau and / or Suffolk counties.
- Therapists must be fully licensed in the state of New York. No Partial or Conditional Licenses. Only LCSW, PhD, PsyD, LMFT, LMHC, LCAT and Licensed Psychoanalyst. No LMSWs please.
- Please email your resume with a cover letter and include your office address along with the days and approximate times you’re available to see clients to: [email protected]