We are now offering telehealth therapy sessions to existing and new clients who reside in New York State. Due to the recent developments, insurance companies are now covering Teletherapy and video psychotherapy.
If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, or stress, please reach out to see how we may be helpful to you.
Call (516) 221-9494
Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.
If how you feel is often out of proportion with what is happening in the moment, therapy may be helpful to understand and work through some issues. For instance, if you are experiencing anger or sadness that seems to be more intense than what the situation demands, then therapy can be of benefit.
So How Do We Know When It’s Time To Talk To A Psychotherapist?
Of course, we are not made of concrete. There are many, many times in life when we just need a helping hand. And often, issues benefit most from treatment by a professional.
Some general ideas include:
- If speaking with friends and loved ones does not seem to give ongoing relief.
- Body image issues, including anorexia or bulimia.
- Bored or unmotivated a good deal of the time.
- Experiencing intrusive, obsessive, or negative thoughts.
- Feeling anxious more often than not, even if it’s low-grade.
- An inability to identify your own needs.
- If you have difficulty standing up for yourself and allow others to overshadow you.
- Unresolved, habitual patterns in your relationship with your partner.
- Difficulty seeing your own worth.
- Addictive behavior towards alcohol, drugs, sex, spending, or gambling.
- Feeling angry, resentful, or sad a great deal of the time.
- If you are starting to wonder if you have more than just clutter and it is now potentially hoarding.
- Experiencing depression or depressed mood lasting longer than two weeks.
- Continually on edge, angry more than you would like at your children, partner, or others. Finding that you are yelling at your loved ones more than embracing them.
- Feeling as if you just can’t get ahead, no matter how hard you try.
- Panic attacks.
- Any type of anxiety that causes you to avoid new places, people, or situations.
- ADD or ADHD (for yourself or a child).
- Parenting a child with a mental, emotional, or physical challenge.
- General feelings of malaise or something is “just not quite right”.
- Wondering if you are living your fullest life possible.
- Parenting issues that refuse to go away.
- Unresolved conflicts with partners, in-laws, or other family, especially if long-term.
How Do I Know When Is The Best Time To Speak To A Professional?
Like anything, knowing when to see someone is purely subjective.
First, try to listen to your heart.
Only you can know whether you need to seek out additional help, however many people with even mild concerns find it beneficial to speak to someone who can be empathetic, positive, and concerned for your well-being.
My wish for you today is that you seek if help if you need it.
Get Professional Compassionate Mental Health Help On Long Island, NY
Call us at (516) 221-9494. Or, if you are on a smart phone or computer, you can click or touch the button below:
To send your email now, click or touch the button below:
We look forward to helping you, and will get back to you soon.