Connect with a depression therapist to learn fundamental coping skills and explore your emotions
Depression has a powerful way of making you feel like you are the only person in the world who feels the way you do. We’re here to tell you that isn’t the case. In fact, 280 million people around the world experience depression.
Unfortunately, depression counseling is an underutilized resource in today’s world. But thankfully, there are thousands of therapists like ours ready to help.
At Nassau Guidance & Counseling, our team of hand-picked depression counseling specialists is here to help you find relief. We are committed to offering the most current treatment options tailored to your specific needs. From Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Psychodynamic, and more - to other evidence-based approaches, we're here to support you throughout your healing journey.
Don't hesitate to reach out today. Together, we can create a personalized plan that works best for you. Let us help you on your healing journey and rediscovering joy in your life.
If you are in crisis or are in need of immediate help, please call 911 or go to your closest emergency room.
Our Approach To Depression Treatment
Depression counseling is an art and a science. Combine the two, and you have a personalized plan to guide you out of darkness and back into lightness and joy.
We believe in the power of psychotherapy to help you overcome depression. Our approach includes various therapies, including interpersonal and psychodynamic "talk therapy." We provide a safe space for you to explore the factors contributing to your depression, effectively addressing psychological, behavioral, and situational triggers. Our custom-matched, skilled therapists work closely with you to identify historical factors and life problems contributing to your depression, helping you understand what aspects you can solve or improve. Our therapists explore with you, your negative thoughts and patterns that contribute to depression, aiding you in understanding and improving your ability to enjoy your life.
Transform Your Life With Depression Counseling
Engaging with a therapist for depression and anxiety can revolutionize your perspective on life. Therapy isn't just about symptom management; it's about personal growth, self-discovery, and enhancing your understanding of yourself.
You can learn how to:
- Improve problem-solving skills
- Set realistic goals for the future
- Overcome negative and distorted thinking patterns
- Enhance your interpersonal relationships
- Reintroduce enjoyable activities into your life
- Minimize future episodes with coping skills.
- Process traumatic experiences
- Empower you to live the life you really want
Therapy Environments Tailored To You
Our depression counseling therapists are committed to addressing your individual needs. We offer a range of services, including in-person therapy sessions, telehealth appointments, and counseling psychology online, ensuring convenience for your lifestyle.
How To Get Matched With A Therapist For Depression And Anxiety
- Contact Our Team: Use the Contact Us form or call us at (516) 221-9494 to schedule an appointment. Our client care coordinator will reach out via phone within 24 business hours. If you are in crisis or are in need of immediate help, please call 911 or go to your closest emergency room.
- Personalized Therapist Matching: When our client care coordinator contacts you to discuss your therapy needs, we will ask specific questions designed to match you with the best depression therapist for your needs. We take great pride in our matching techniques, which give our clients better outcomes.
The client care coordinator will ask for information such as your therapy needs and how we can be helpful to you, your location, and if you prefer in-person or remote sessions. Additionally, we will take note of your availability for ongoing weekly sessions. We strive to accommodate your schedule!
- Insurance Verification: During the initial phone call, we will collect your insurance plan details. We will then contact your insurance provider to confirm coverage. We accept the following plans: Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield, Fidelis, GHI, Medicare, Oscar, Oxford, UMR, and United Healthcare.
Please note, we do not accept 1199, Affinity, Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicaid (JLJ prefix), Emblem Essentials or Emblem HIP, Healthfirst, Humana, Midicaid, and United Community.
- Out-of-Network & Self-Pay Options: If we do not have a good therapy match with an in-network provider, you may have out-of-network benefits. If your insurance is not accepted, but you’re open to going out of network, we’ll share our out of network fees. If you don't have insurance, we offer substantially reduced self-pay rates for consultations and ongoing sessions.
- Therapist Assignment & Scheduling: Once we have verified your insurance and determined the therapist that best matches your needs, we will reach back out to schedule your appointment. If your calendar permits, we will do our very best to schedule your first appointment within one week of your call.
About Nassau Guidance & Counseling
Embarking on a mental health journey may seem daunting, but remember, you’re not alone.
We are Nassau Guidance & Counseling - your trusted companion in depression counseling across Long Island. With over six decades of experience, we are equipped to pair you with a depression therapist dedicated to helping you overcome life's obstacles.
Our goal is simple: to help you break free from the chains that bind you. We match our clients with therapists based on their specific needs, preferences, and our team’s expertise. Whether you need a grief counselor, depression counseling, or an anxiety therapist, our team is here to provide the tools you need to move forward.
We utilize various treatment methods, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Psychodynamic, and more - all under the supervision of a skilled depression therapist. We also offer services to include telehealth sessions for both new and existing clients.
Since 1960, our highly skilled Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Clinical Social Workers, and Mental Health Counselors - most of whom have a minimum of 10 years of post-license experience - have helped thousands of Long Island residents manage better through life’s challenges, using the best of traditional psychotherapy as well as new and emerging modalities.
No matter where you are in your journey, a depression therapist is here to assist. Reach out to us today to discover how we can support you. We assure you, it will be one of the most rewarding decisions you'll ever make.
Insurances We Accept
Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield, Fidelis, GHI, Medicare, Oscar, Oxford, UMR, United Healthcare