Imagine how much happier your relationship or marriage would be today if a highly skilled, objective, and compassionate therapist had counseled you a year ago ...
It may be time for a change.
You’ve read self-help books. You’ve consulted family members and friends. You’ve taken advice from TV relationship gurus. You’ve talked, argued, and cried. You’ve kept quiet and waited for things to get better. But nothing has worked. You’re stuck.
So, sometimes you just feel like giving up. If so, you’re not alone.
We know this because over the last five decades, our Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Clinical Social Workers, and Mental Health Counselors - each with over ten years of post-license experience - have provided thousands of couples – ones with challenges, roadblocks, and frustrations similar to your own - with the help they need to achieve real and sustainable improvements in their relationships, including emotional and physical intimacies, and connectedness.
In Spite Of The Best Intentions, Unhappy Relationships Don’t Fix Themselves ...
And when they continue, things get worse. If unaddressed, they often lead to additional issues, such as depression, stress, anxiety, and addictions. And if ignored for prolonged periods of time, the stress eventually takes its toll on careers, children, family, and friends.
That’s why it’s imperative that “stuck” partners seek counseling when they're at an impasse or are experiencing undue stress in their relationships. It’s simply the best method for learning how to manage through relationship issues - no matter how large or small.
Nassau Guidance and Counseling's counselors use the best of traditional psychotherapy, as well as new and emerging techniques, in order to provide couples with the knowledge, insights, and tools they need to successfully negotiate their differences, find effective solutions for their problems, resolve lingering issues, improve their communication skills, and remember why they got together in the first place.
- We’ve helped partners listen better and be heard more often; end reactive, unproductive, and cyclical patterns of behaviors; and manage better through troubled times.
- Our Long Island therapists have also successfully counseled couples struggling to cope with added stress from unexpected crises, such as infidelity, illness, infertility, unemployment, or loss of a child.
- We’ve even shown partners how to rebuild once healthy relationships after enduring years of trauma associated with issues like, substance abuse, sexual incompatibility, disagreements over child rearing, and prolonged financial difficulties.
- Our couple counselors have saved thousands of our clients from the pain of separation, and even provided separating couples with road maps designed to guide them through their transitions in healthy, collaborative, and dignified manners.
Additionally, they have furnished many partners with the tools they needed to avoid future problems by helping them become skilled at working through differences in areas like culture, religion, work ethic, parenting styles, and family values.
Yet, even though we’ve personally witnessed the tremendous and sustainable gains our couples – married, or not - have achieved over the years, we understand that it’s often hard for them to arrive at a decision to seek counseling, for many reasons.
However, we also recognize that most men and women find it easier to make difficult decisions, like this one, when they’re armed with accurate information from a trusted source, like Nassau Guidance and Counseling. Since 1960, Long Islanders have relied on our experts to help them reach their highest potential: emotionally, mentally, interpersonally, occupationally, spiritually, and socially. We hope you will as well.
And you’ll never have to worry unnecessarily over stressful administrative details, because we’ll guide you through the entire process, we accept most major credit cards, and will even make sure that you receive the maximum benefits allowed by your insurance carrier.
So please take the first step towards a better relationship and call us today at: 516-221-9494.
"I have seen my relationship [with my family] become healthier ..."
When I first called Nassau Guidance and Counseling, I was in the middle of a personal crisis - breaking off a long serious relationship, constantly trying to please others and a paralyzing fear of exams.
During the last year, I have learned that I can be happy on my own. My therapist and I explored multiple techniques to help me get over the guilt I felt in ending my relationship and the pain I felt when I thought about what I had lost. Because of therapy, I have seen my relationship [with my family] become healthier as we have learned how to draw up and respect each other’s boundaries.
I had gone to an extremely competitive undergraduate college and had been told repeatedly over 4 years that I would never accomplish my goal of becoming a physician. Starting in graduate school, I began to have paralyzing panic attacks the night before an exam.
My attacks were becoming more severe as time went on, despite my successfully passing each exam I took. My therapist and I discussed different ways for me to gain my confidence [Not only did I pass my last round of Boards, but my scores went up from the first round, and I am now coaching friends who are facing the same exam this spring].
I still have work to do in becoming that independent, pleasing-herself, confident woman I intend to be but I am well on my way, thanks to the help my therapy sessions have given me. It has been wonderful to have a non-biased observer to bounce ideas off of, to cry to, who is non-judgmental of my decisions and helps me develop techniques to succeed in life. J.G., Physician, New Rochelle, NY
Here’s What You Can Expect When You Call:
- A client care consultant will conduct an inquiry regarding your therapeutic needs, location, and availability. He or she will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
- Based on your answers during this call, a psychotherapist, who will be a good match for your needs, will be assigned to treat you. Soon after, you’ll talk directly with your therapist who will schedule your first appointment – usually in less than a week - and answer any lingering questions you may have.
- You’ll also enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that our staff of professionals are not only world-class psychotherapists, but men and women who are committed to their own personal growth and happiness, as well as their clients.
Please don’t wait until it’s too late. Call us at 516-221-9494, so we can answer your questions confidentially, address your concerns, or schedule a safe and confidential session at one of our locations near your home or work.
It will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. You have our promise.