Imagine how much happier your life would be today if a highly skilled, objective, and compassionate psychotherapist had counseled you a year ago ...
It may be time for a change.
- Perhaps you're stuck in a dead relationship.
- Or you feel like your life has been hijacked by anxiety.
- You may avoid trips to the grocery store, pass up golden opportunities to ask your boss for a much-deserved raise, or fail to ask your spouse to stop annoying or unhealthy behaviors.
- Maybe you're still volunteering your services when you're already stretched too thin and don’t have the time or energy to give anything.
- Or, you hear the word “Yes” coming out of your mouth, when your brain is shouting “No!”
- You might also be struggling with addictions to food, drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, or spending.
- Perhaps you feel like your children are spiraling out of control and you don’t know how to help them.
- And while you may genuinely believe that people can accomplish anything in life, you’re convinced that you’re the exception to this rule.
- Maybe your self-esteem and confidence are gone because in spite of your very best intentions and hard work, you’ve experienced only a few short-lived symptom-free periods before the same crippling behaviors emerged again.
- And you may have considered reaching out to others for answers, but you’re not sure whom to trust. You understand that opening up to co-workers is risky and well-meaning friends simply don’t have the expertise or objectivity you need.
- Perhaps you’ve even tried talking with family members and found that they were too emotionally involved, which prevented them from hearing you clearly - or they may even have brought their own agendas to the situation.
So, sometimes you just want to give up, and give in. If so, you’re not alone.
It’s time to stop feeling guilty, ashamed, and / or resigned, and get the help you deserve. Your brighter, more hopeful tomorrow awaits you, and begins with one small step today
Please call us today at 516-221-9494, so you can experience the tremendous value in talking through your ideas, problems, feelings, issues and desires with one of our compassionate, unbiased, and objective psychotherapists – who will become one of your most ardent supporters.
Your psychotherapist will help you identify any areas of your life that may need adjustment and assist with developing a plan for improving them. He or she will also provide you with the tools, structure and personal support you need and guide you through every step of the process. Your psychotherapist will also help you identify limiting beliefs and behaviors and help you rediscover and use your strengths, talents and assets, so you can achieve your loftiest dreams.
And while we understand that arriving at a decision to seek psychotherapy is a tough one, we sincerely hope you'll choose to move forward.
We’ve Personally Witnessed The Tremendous And Sustainable Gains Our Clients Have Achieved
- Profoundly altered clarity - one that allows them to see new possibilities and remember that they can make honest choices without fear.
- The end of debilitating behaviors and patterns perpetuated from one generation to another. Many of our clients tell us that in addition to the benefits they’ve personally derived from therapy, they also receive tremendous pleasure knowing that they’ve ended unhealthy familial patterns that would have plagued their children and grandchildren.
- An increased comfort level in openly expressing their emotions, even when others are uncomfortable with those feelings.
- Freedom from the unjustified guilt and shame they experienced prior to treatment. During psychotherapy, our well trained, empathetic, and non-judgmental Long Island psychotherapists encourage our clients to express themselves openly and shed needless – and unproductive - self-reproach. Nassau Guidance and Counseling's psychotherapists – all of whom have over 10 years of post-license experience - have also furnished many people with the tools they needed to avoid future problems by helping them deal with a host of issues in healthier ways. Additionally, we’ve helped many of our clients become skilled at working through differences in areas like culture, religion, work ethic, parenting styles, and family values.
However, we also know that even the most difficult decisions are made easier when we’re armed with accurate information from a trusted source, so please don’t wait another minute to get the help you need.
We’ll guide you through the entire process to ensure that you don’t have to worry unnecessarily about stressful administrative details. We’ll even see to it that you receive the maximum benefits allowed by your insurance carrier.
So, please take the first step towards a better future and call us today at: 516-221-9494.
"I have started to let go of the blockages ..."
My therapy begins the healing process. I feel therapy, for me, istruly a blessing. When I began therapy, I sought help from personalproblems I was having a difficult time sorting out. I had hoped I wouldfind a solution to my problems. I found so much more. I found anopen-hearted person to confide in and a non-judgmental response to themost difficult issues at hand.
My heart and soul felt freedom at last. I felt that I was not alone!
My therapist has helped me see the hidden inner strength and courageI had all along but needed guidance in finding it! I am no longerafraid to share my emotions, light or dark with another person; therapy was a wonderful beginning! I feel that I have been able todelve deep into my basic core issues. I have grown emotionally andspiritually as a woman. I have started to let go of blockages that I sawas obstacles and release deep-rooted fears that have held me back for avery long time.
I feel very fortunate to have found a warm, understanding andcompassionate therapist. I can see the distance I have traveled as apatient seeking help. I encourage others to follow me; Therapy is not tobe feared, but revered. It has given me the strength to pursue mydreams and manifest them as a reality! Suyiama, Holistic Practitioner, Massapequa, NY
Here’s What You Can Expect When You Call:
- A client care consultant will conduct an inquiry regarding your therapeutic needs, location, and availability. He or she will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
- Based on your answers during this call, a psychotherapist, who will be a good match for your needs, will be assigned to treat you. Soon after, you’ll talk directly with your therapist who will schedule your first appointment – usually in less than a week - and answer any lingering questions you may have.
- You’ll also enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that our staff of professionals are not only world-class psychotherapists, but men and women who are committed to their own personal growth and happiness, as well as their clients.
Nassau Guidance and Counseling's Approach to Psychotherapy
The word “psychotherapy” is a broad term for many psychotherapeutic approaches of all kinds and is often used interchangeably with other words such as, “therapy” or “counseling.” It is important to note that only a licensed professional can provide psychotherapy.
Essentially, it involves a therapeutic process – one based onsound scientific theory - that helps people resolve past and presentchallenges. Issues that result in unhealthy behaviors and patterns cannot be changed until the underlying causes are identified and dealt with. These issues often stand in the way of individuals’ own health and happiness and keep them from getting what they want in life.
In other words, people experience events that take them out of their “natural” state of being and cause them to act in ways that they otherwise would not. Thus, they’re aware that they’re fighting an internal battle, but seldom have the tools to overcome the conflicts. What they may not understand is their behaviors usually result from ingrained and out-dated belief systems – ones that have never been updated to reflect who they presently are, or want to be.
Therefore, many suffering men and women naturally seek advicefrom family members and friends who are not trained to deal with theirchallenges and may even be contributors to their core issues.
This is especially problematic since over the last several decades, the subject of psychotherapy has been a hot topic of conversation in the media and elsewhere, and even the butt of countless jokes in movies, TV shows, newspapers, and magazines. Thus, many people mistakenly believe that the media accurately portrays psychotherapy as an indulgent, trivial, and sadly, an ineffective process. Unfortunately, this widespread misinformation means that individuals who might be helped do not seek treatment or remain secretive when they do.
What One Consumer Reports Survey of 4,000 Clients Revealed
In November 1995 Consumer Reports published an article with their conclusions after conducting an extensive independent survey of psychotherapy clients. A startling 90% of the 4,000 respondents reported that they were doing substantially better after treatment. What’s more, researchers found that individuals who were treated with psychotherapy alone achieved the same results as those treated with medication and therapy.
Please join the thousands of other men and women who now enjoy better lives, healthier relationships, and even contribute more to their communities.
There’s no good reason to allow your pain to go on for one more minute! Call us today at 516-221-9494 so we can answer your questions confidentially, address your concerns, or schedule a safe and confidential session at one of our locations near your home or work.
It will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. You have our promise.