Are you, or is someone you love, one of over 3 million Americans who suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), a serious and often debilitating condition?
- Plagued by repeated unwanted obsessive thought patterns - especially when you're psychologically, emotionally, spiritually, or physically stressed?
- Having trouble sleeping due to an overactive mind?
- Compelled to perform repetitive and ritualized behaviors?
- Preoccupied with symmetry and / or order?
- Scared of losing, or not having, the things you need?
- Stuck in a pattern of self-doubt and therefore, constantly seeking reassurances from others?
- Spending a great deal of your time washing and cleaning?
- Afraid that you'll be contaminated by germs or dirt?
- Finding that dealing with normal daily challenges causes you a great deal of stress and anxiety?
- Continually re-living the past and / or excessively worried about current predicaments and things that may happen in the future?
- Feeling like you're living in your head and not able to "live in the moment"?
- Indulging in compulsive behaviors to relieve anxiety?
- Experiencing intrusive impulses to harm others?
- Terrified of being around dangerous objects?
Are you also sure that your obsessive thoughts and / or compulsive behaviors are standing in the way of a happier and healthier life, but also convinced that it's unlikely that you'll ever experience these benefits?
If so, it may be time for a change. And we'd like to help
Because the truth is that people who suffer from OCD often do not get better, without treatment
And when the condition goes untreated, symptoms continue and often worsen, which can lead to additional issues, such as depression, stress, anxiety, and addictions. Over time the stress takes its toll on careers and relationships with spouses, family members, and friends.
That's why it's imperative that men, women, and children who suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorders seek counseling. Why choose Nassau Guidance and Counseling?
Using the best of traditional psychotherapy, as well as new and emerging techniques, our experienced highly skilled therapists help people identify the root causes for their obsessive thinking and compulsive behaviors, and furnish them with the knowledge, insights, and tools they need to successfully manage through their issues today and avoid future problems.
We've personally witnessed the tremendous and sustainable gains our clients with OCD have achieved
(1) Profoundly altered thought patterns and behaviors
... that allow them to have the freedom to live the lives they desire.
(2) The ability to deal with everyday struggles more effectively
... which allows them to "enjoy the moment", stop reliving the past, and look forward to brighter tomorrows.
(3) Freedom from the guilt and shame experienced prior to treatment
During counseling, our well-trained, empathetic, and non-judgmental Long Island therapists encourage their clients to express themselves openly and shed needless and unproductive self-reproach.
Yet, even though we've personally witnessed the tremendous and sustainable gains our clients have achieved over the years, we understand that it's often hard for people to arrive at a decision to seek counseling, for many reasons
- However, we also recognize that most individuals find it easier to make difficult decisions like this when the're armed with accurate information from a trusted source, like Nassau Guidance and Counseling.
- Since 1960, Long Island residents have relied on our experts to help them reach their highest potential: emotionally, mentally, interpersonally, occupationally, spiritually, and socially. We hope you will as well.
So please take the first step towards a healthier and happier future and call us today at: 516-221-9494.
Here's What You Can Expect When You Call:
- A client care consultant will conduct an inquiry regarding your therapeutic needs, location, and availability. He or she will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
- Based on your answers during this call, a psychotherapist - who will be a good match for your needs - will be assigned to treat you. Soon after, you'll talk directly with your therapist who will schedule your first appointment - usually in less than a week - and answer any lingering questions you may have.
- You'll also enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that our staff of professionals are not only world-class psychotherapists, but men and women who are committed to their own personal growth and happiness, as well as their clients.
So, please give us a call today at 516-221-9494. It will be one of the best decisions you'll ever make. You have our promise.