Have You Tried Meditation, But Couldn't Get It To "Stick"?
Meditation can unlock a wondrous world of benefits. It allows us to notice our bodies, notice the emotions and feelings that arise, and simply let them go. When we get outside of our minds and allow ourselves to really feel, we become more aware of everything around us.
With some simple ways to introduce meditation into your routine, it can bring back that “old you.” You remember—that happy, pain-free person you were before?
Try This Five-Minute Exercise For Healing ...
and see if you don’t feel better afterwards:
- Find a comfortable place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Write down these simple sentences, and then keep them near you:
- I know that my healing is possible through me.
- My body contains infinite intelligence, and knows what it needs to heal at this moment.
- My body is already working to heal, even if I don’t notice a physical manifestation of it immediately.
- Positive emotion is an indication that my body is already beginning to heal.
- Lie down and close your eyes.
- On each inhalation, picture a white light spreading from your heart throughout your body. Picture its soft light providing warmth and healing to each part of you.
- Then, on each exhalation, let go of all spent energy.
- After a few minutes of breathing, simply rest in the white light and bask in the wondrous feelings, knowing that you have infinite wisdom in every cell of your body.
My wish is that you know that love, healing, and light are always available to youKathleen Dwyer-Blair, LCSW, BCD, Director