These past few weeks, we’ve kept you indoors with all these reading suggestions! This Saturday, we’re encouraging you to take a step outside and enjoy your relaxation elsewhere. (Don’t worry, we’ll be back next week with another review for you.)
Instead of suggesting something for you to read, this weekend, try writing. Below are some ideas:
- Give yourself five minutes to write whatever comes to mind. It doesn’t matter if it makes sense or not.
- You can also do this while you’re out and about by jotting down thoughts as they come to you.
- Think of it as a one-day experiment in journaling.
- You can write down your feelings about a conversation you had, or your opinion of Lady Gaga’s newest outfit, or even your thoughts on the universe.
- Let your writing flow naturally.
Sometimes, writing can help un-stick us emotionally and mentally. Even five minutes can be enough to shift our perspective, open us up, and make our weekend that much more relaxing and enjoyable.
Feel free to share the results in comment section below. We look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Writing can be an excellent tool for fostering health combined with the guidance of a therapist. For more information, contact us at (516) 221-9494 today.