We are now offering telehealth therapy sessions to existing and new clients who reside in New York State. Due to the recent developments, insurance companies are now covering Teletherapy and video psychotherapy.
If you are experiencing distress, please reach out to see how we may be helpful to you. Call 516-221-9494.
If you are in crisis and require immediate help, a free mental health hotline for New Yorkers has been created. This hotline will offer free emotional support on a one time consultation basis. The phone number to call is 844-863-9314.
Addiction is such a devastating disease. This is so poignantly illustrated by the recent death of Philip Seymour-Hoffman. After 23 years in recovery this talented, remarkable, and memorable man relapsed and then died from a heroin overdose.
In my early career as a therapist, I worked with people with addictions:
- I witnessed firsthand the struggles some had with getting and staying sober.
- I also had the privilege of witnessing people who successfully remained clean and sober.
- It is often difficult to understand the reasons some are able to maintain sobriety and others are not.
- There are so many emotional, psychological, cognitive, physiological and spiritual reasons at play.
- What is clear is that, drug addiction and alcoholism is a horrific disease and that many addictive individuals and the people that love them are so affected by it.
It is my hope if you or someone you love is struggling with addiction that you will seek treatment and a self-help program that will help you with recovery.
At Nassau Guidance & Counseling, our client care consultants are extensively trained in assessing your needs and finding the therapist who is best matched to your concerns, personality, and availability. Our policy is to set you up with your first appointment within a week of matching you to a therapist who fits your needs. Call us today at (516) 221-9494 for more information.