Short URL for this article (ideal for use with Twitter): http://is.gd/1ir4vE
The following suggestions will help to create a solid foundation for your relationship's wellbeing. Building upon this foundation may be a challenge at times. An objective professional, who is supportive and experienced can help you to create harmony and balance within your relationship.
Tips for Creating a Healthy Relationship
The following suggestions will help to create a solid foundation for your relationship's well being. Building upon this foundation may be a challenge at times. An objective professional, who is supportive and experienced can help you to create harmony and balance within your relationship.
1. Always look for ways to give, be, and do more. A loving mate responds in kind.
2. Show you care about how your behavior affects another. If you know certain things bother your partner assess the reasons you do them. Consider how important it is to you and discuss alternatives.
3. Keep your word. Following through on your promise is the foundation of a good relationship. Carefully consider your promises. If you can make a commitment, be sure to renegotiate before you said they would be done if necessary.
4. Figure out what your partner appreciates. We feel special when our significant other really pays attention to what is important to us.
5. Pick up the slack if one of you is going through rough times. Without complaining and ask for the same.
6. Never criticize. Tell your partner gently how you would like something done differently. Always know that they are doing the best they can in the moment.
7. Share your inner most thoughts and feelings. This level of communication builds a tighter bond.
8. Don't compete. You have your areas of greatness and so does your partner.
9. Identify the three most important elements of your relationship. Knowing your goals will direct your intentions and increase satisfaction.
10. Identify your dreams for your relationship. Understanding the reality of your dreams and how to create them will increase satisfaction.
11. Identify the reality of your relationship. Knowing where you are and where you want to be gives direction.
12. Stop blaming. Identify solutions and stop pointing fingers. If you're not part of the solution, you're still part of the problem.
13. Give more. Giving creates a positive life force that comes back to you. Know that loving is giving and do it.
14. Forgive all that you can. Seek guidance for all you cannot forgive.
15. Visualize your dream and make it happen. The energy of visualization cannot be underestimated.
16. Forgive --Compromise -- Watch your tone -- Be encouraging. Understand the good times and consciously create more of them. Understand that loving is not perfect.